WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging applications worldwide. Citing a Facebook report in 2019, there are 2.2 billion monthly WhatsApp users and you’re one of them.
Maybe you like to use WhatsApp for work because it’s free and easy to use. Perhaps it’s just a convenient way to communicate with families and collegues.
Sometimes have some pretty important messages and media in there, and it’d be a problem if it all suddenly disappeared. That’s why it’s a good idea to know to back up and restore your messages, photos, and videos.
For Android users, WhatsApp by default backs up and saves your messages and media to your phone’s memory and you can also back up to Google Drive directly. This way, just to make sure your messages will be safe, and you are able to restore message anytime.
So, how do you backup and restore WhatsApp and save it on Google Drive? Here’s how to do just that!
How to Backup dan Restore WhatsApp
Backiing up WhatsApp chats and media on Google Drive can be done easily, just follow the steps below:
- Launch the WhatsApp from home screen.
- Tap menu icon on the top of your smartphone scree, its three dot icon.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Chats
- Tap Chat Backup
- Tap “Back up to Google Drive” and choose frequency of backups, we are choosing to backup monthly in this tutorial.
- Tap “Google Account” to add an account where the backup file is stored.
- Click “Back up over” to select the network when doing the backup, you can choose to only do the backup on the WIFI network or you can also use the GSM network.
- Tap Allow
- Tap Include Video
- Click “Back Up” to start backing up chat history and WhatsApp media.
Now you have everything backing up, and can restore whenever you reinstall the WhatsApp or when you changing your smartphone. Then, how do you restore WhatsApp using Google Drive?
Check out the guide below.
- Install the WhatsApp application
- Launch the WhatsApp application
- Tap Agree and Continue
- Enter your number then verify it
- Tap Ok
- Tap Continue
- Tap Restore
- After that, WhatsApp chat data and media will be restored one by one. This process will take some time, depending on the amount of data and your internet speed.
Now you can access your chat and media history.